- ABOUT Tianjin
- MEDIA CENTER
- ARTS & CULTURE
Qingwangfu Mansion is located in the hinterland of the Wudadao Historical and Architectural Buildings Area with the most concentrated historical buildings in Tianjin.
It is a historically protected building with special protection level in Tianjin and a historical and cultural site under government protection in Tianjin. Qingwangfu Mansion was founded in 1922.
It was originally designed and construction supervised by Xiao Dezhang, the general manager of the late Qing Dynasty(1636-1912) eunuchs. It was listed as the crown of Chinese buildings in the original British Concession. Zaizhen, the fourth generation prince of the Qing Dynasty (1636-1912), purchased it and his family lived here, hence it is named as "Qingwangfu Mansion".
Qingwangfu Mansion covers an area of 4,327 square meters and is a two-story (with basement) inner courtyard enclosed structure. Both sides of the outer roof are provided with open colonnades, and the building is simple and clear.
The water brush stone wall and the traditional Chinese glass railings complement each other, and the vivid traditional Chinese flowers and birds carved on the door and window glass by the Belgian craftsmen show awesome delicacy. Perhaps the most attractive thing for all are the stories that once happened in this gorgeous house.
Address: No.55 Chongqing Road, Heping District